Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top Albums of 2009

2009 was an amazing year for music. There were countless high points as the boundaries of music were pushed to new heights. I owe most to my discoveries to KCRW radio and their many DJ's who are passionate about eclectic music. Settling upon this list was a tough task!!! I want to know what you think about the rankings. If you feel I missed anything or if you think I have lousy taste then tell me (but be nice). So, without further hesitation I now present my Top Albums of 2009.

1) Miike Snow


2) Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement

3) Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix


4) Doves - Kingdom of Rust

5) The Horrors - Primary Colors


6) Kasabian - West Ryder Lunatic Asylum


7) Zero 7 - Yeah Ghost


8) Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz


9) Wilco - Wilco (the album)

10) Silversun Pickups - Swoon

1 comment:

Corby said...

Joe, I'm surprised The Doves, Kingdom of Rust isn't in your top 10.

My #1 for 2009 is:
The Dead Weather

Other favorites are:
Muse "The Resistance"
Silversun Pickups "Swoon"
Thrice "Beggars"
Imogen Heap "Ellipse"
Phil Wickham "Heaven and Earth"

Biggest Disappointments:
U2 "No Line on the Horizon"
Paramore "Brand New Eyes"