Monday, December 28, 2009

Miike Snow - Silvia

If you've been around me this year then at one time or another you've heard me rave about my favorite band of 2009. From the very first note, the band Miike Snow captured my imagination. Often when I hear new bands and if I really like them, I will listen to their CD a hundred times and then move on without exception. This has not been the case with Miike Snow. Since May, I have been fixated and maybe a little obsessed with this Swedish electronic group. Every time I listen, its just like the first time. I cannot recall a CD ever having this affect on me.

A few days ago, they released their latest music video. "Silvia" is perhaps their strongest track on their self-titled release. It is edited for time but this song is drenched with a rawness leaving you feeling as if there is a pit in your stomach. Brillant!


No comments: