Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Jury Duty

So, yesterday there is an envelope sitting on my chair. It was a Jury Summons. After hearing of one of my buddy's recent experience of being an alternate on a murder case, I am somewhat excited. My date is April 15th. The last time I had jury duty was nearly three years ago. I was placed on a court case of a guy who was accused of assulting someone with a deadly weapon. The case never went to trial because the guy admitted to the crime and we were all released from jury duty the next day.

3 comments:

James Walker said...

thats a first. someone who wants jury duty

Corby said...

Yes, if you get on a case that is going to be a months worth of Pena Points!

Ange said...

It's pretty rare that someone actually wants Jury Duty. I, however, have never been called to Jury Duty (except one time when it was going to be a 6 - 9 month trial). So, if I were to be called for regular jury duty I would be excited too.