Friday, March 9, 2007

Angels Spring Training - Day One

Here are some pictures from day one of my 2007 Angel Spring Training Excursion in Tempe, Arizona. The Angels beat up on the San Diego Padres 14-2. It was a great day. It was about 90 degrees and there was not a cloud to be seen. The weather was perfect for a ballgame. I am with my friend Alex Larios, John Lusk, Brian Lee, and Tim Glenn.

It is impossible to not talk to other baseball fans while at the game. I had an elderly lady sit next to me during today's game. She was talking to EVERYBODY around her. During the game she noticed my camera and she mentioned that she was the first woman photographer allowed to work at the LA Colosium and the Rose Bowl. She mentioned that women during the 60's were not allowed to work at most sporting events. She worked for the OC Register and then later Knotts Berry Farm for over 15 years as a photographer. I guess the moral of the story is that you will never know who you will meet at a ballgame. I am sure that I will have more stories and pictures. Tomorrow's game will be between the Angels and the Mariners.





2 comments:

SCOTT E said...

is she the lady who takes pictures at the log ride haha

Ange said...

No pictures of Giles? I have a look of disappointment on my face...