Thursday, March 8, 2007

Go Bears


Tonight, was without a doubt my best softball game EVER. It didn't start out that well because I struck out looking at my first at-bat. My second AB was much better as a roped a base hit to left field. My third AB was a carbon copy of my second. The fourth was a line out to the pitcher. And my last AB reached first base on a fielding error. I was not keeping track but I think I had two or three RBI's. We played a bunch of barneys who had no clue what they were doing. Their shortstop was a total donkey as he interefered with my friend Matt as he was rounding third. He totally held him by the jersey. My nickname for that team was the Asian Mafia or the Viet Cong because most of them were Asain. With that being said, our ump was lame too. He kept telling me to "ease up, ease up" when i was about to touch home plate. LIKE I AM GOING TO LISTEN TO HIM?!?! Give me a break. When he said that I muttered, "Its kinda hard to ease up." I have noticed how competitive I can get. When I get super competitive I get VERY quiet. And usually when I mention something I am really upset.
I admit that I am not the best defender on the team but for some reason nothing was getting past me. I fielded three grounders two of which I threw the runner out at first (I was playing third) the other I tagged the runner. In the last inning, a line drive hit to my left and I speared it. The next out was one of my putouts at first base. The final out of the game was a soft line drive hit to me. Recording all three outs in the inning was unbelievable. It was great. All around it was our best game as a team yet. Offensively, we were unstoppable and defensivley we were great. We were even shorthanded a guy!!!! GO BEARS!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JOEY, YOU WERE A PIMP AT THAT SOFTBALL GAME! YOU KNOW IT!!!
--AMERSONS