Sunday, April 20, 2008

One Year Ago

Today marks the one year anniversary of when our family dog died. I found myself thinking back to that terrible day often during the past few days. We were blessed to have "Bandit" for 17 years. It was very difficult to say goodbye and to this day it was the most difficult thing that I have ever done. I literally grew up with that dog and our entire family was devoted to her. I still have a hard time when I reflect on those final days but I am comforted by all the great memories that we all shared. It will be a long time until I own another dog. No animal can replace the special bond between Bandit and us. The past year flew by so fast. It was different. There was a void. Walking through the front door will never ever be the same...

1 comment:

The Blonde Assassin said...

Hang in there. Time heals. Plus you'll get a new dog eventually, and he'll be different than your last dog, which will be exciting a new! I promise. I lost my dog around this time last year too.