Friday, October 12, 2007

Sonic Burger

On the west coast, we do not have many Sonic Burgers. During the MLB playoffs they have been advertising heavily on TBS. From what I know, Sonic burger joints are popular throughout the southern part of the country. One of the trademarks of Sonic establishments is their "drive-in" motiff. People are served and eat in their cars. This raises a few observations:
1. Why would anyone want to eat in their car in the hot south? You can still turn the AC on but you still waste gas..
2. I can't stand eating in my car, its something I do only if I absolutely need to.
3. People in Southern California spend too much time in their cars to be begin with. That is why I believe this concept will not work out here.
4. Their commercials are lame. (I am watching one right now...on TBS)
5. Losing french fries in between seasts and having a greasy steering wheel is NOT fun.

1 comment:

Ange said...

I think Brittney Spears made Sonic popular....I've never had a greasy steering wheel and the thought makes me gag a little.