Sunday, October 7, 2007

I Told You So

Yes, those were the four words I was referring to on my previous blog. All season long I was criticized for not being a "true" Angel fan because I doubted our ability to score runs. The Angels have had an anemic offense for the last three years and enough is enough. We have been fed lies by Arte Moreno and Angels GM BIll Stoneman. They do not want to win. They are satisfied only if there is "meat in the seats". Just as long as the Angels hit the 3 million mark in attendance every year there will be no need for real change.

The smallball approach has failed and I think the Angels need a new approach. The Angels must be built with the mindset to defeat Boston. No exceptions. Anything less than and WS is unacceptable. Getting to the playoffs is not enough. Vladdy is not getting any younger and we owe it to him to add some REAL protection in the everyday line up. Getting bounced by the Red Sox again in three straight is an embarressment and if the Angels do not make any significant moves this offseason then they never will.

My suggestions:
1. Fire Bill Stoneman (He is a failure)
2. Fire Mickey Hatcher
3. Sign Andrew Jones
4. Trade Santana, Figgins, and another top prospect for another bat
5. Do not resign Bartolo Colon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't sign Andruw (yes, with a "u") Jones!!!! he is by far the most overrated player in baseball. but, i suppose you signed gary matthews, and jones is matthews(.250, amazing fielder) with power and a cancer in the clubhouse. knowing my luck, the dodgers will sign him...