Thursday, April 9, 2009

RIP: Nick Adenhart (1986-2009)

Today was a very sad day for me. Early this morning, I was jolted by the announcement of the sudden passing of Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart. Nick along with two friends were killed in an auto accident shortly after Wednesday's game against the Oakland A's. Nick was the starting pitcher on Wednesday's game and threw 6 scoreless innings. It was his best start ever as an Angel. Adenhart was only 22 but was the top pitching prospect within the Angels organization. I have followed Nick Adenhart for the last two years and after his performance last night, I was excited because I could sense the confidence that he had in his pitches. He was great. The photo below was taken the night of his death.


The tragedy is compounded because Adenhart was the victim of a drunk driver. His life was cut way to short and it is a shame that his full potential will never be realized. I mourn for his loss and continue to pray for his family during this difficult time. You will be missed Nick but never forgotten.

No comments: