Tuesday, March 31, 2009

1 Million Tweets

Twitter is quickly becoming one of the world's most popular social networking sites. Twitter allows its users to send brief 140 character messages which can be sent or followed to anyone. Businesses, politicians, news networks, and celebrities have all latched onto twitter as an effective and emerging platform to communicate with fans.

A new website is using twitter to raise funds for non-profit groups. 1 Million Tweets invites people to donate $1 and to post any message that they want on their account. Their goal is to raise money for deserving charities and to compile all their entries into a book.

I am thinking about being a part of 1 Million Tweets and I am wondering what I should post. Should I tell people to follow my twitter account? my blog? Or should I write something goofy, something religious, something political, or something blue???

No comments: