Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saddleback Civil Forum Moments

Tonight, I had the opportunity to attend the Saddleback Civil Forum in Lake Forest, CA. I went with James and we had a great time. Special thanks to Ange for setting that up! I will post my reactions to McCain and Obama tomorrow but I wanted to jot down a few of the fun moments from this historical evening.
  • The beach volleyball court at the "refinery" 
  • The background vocalist who reminded James of Jason Bateman
  • The legion of Secret Service personnel patrolling the Saddleback Campus. I saw them emerge from my friend Amy's area known as "the edge" after performing a security sweep. The agent gave the "thumbs up" signal and all was well.
  • The gigantic drum kit cage in tent 3. 
  • Complete audio outage during the Star Spangled Banner. 
  • The whistling then singing of the national anthem by the group in tent three.
  • James' and my feeble attempt to start the "U-S-A" chant after the anthem.
  • Me educating the lady in front of us about the story of John McCain
  • The armada of buses that took FOREVER to arrive after the event. 
All in all, it was a great afternoon and I was glad to be a part of this small sliver of the 2008 campaign. I will have more tomorrow...

No comments: