Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Hope is Fading Fast

Its been awhile since I've posted anything political on my blog. Although my blog has been silent, I have been monitoring politics closer than ever in a non election year. With Obama's public approval ratings tanking and disapproval over universal healthcare mounting, I can proudly say "I TOLD YOU SO."

I can remember a discussion with an Obama supporter before the 2008 election and I was trying to convince her that Obama was going to push for universal healthcare. I kept pleading to her, "how are we going to pay for it?" She had no good answer for me except for "Obama's gonna do it." But I told her that it was inevitable that taxes would have to be raised to cover 50 million Americans. My friend kept bringing up the successes of Sweden and how well universal healthcare works there. I asked her how many people lived in Sweden. She didn't know. I told her that only 9 million people live there and they tax the people to death! Only 9 million!!! I'm sure that amount of people live in Southern California alone! Give me a break! Universal healthcare will be a disaster on businesses and would result in rationed health care. I can say this with absolute confidence because this has been the case where government mandated health care is the rule of law in Europe. Plain and simple.

One a different note, Freshjive has unveiled a new tee shirt that is their perception of Obama's first year in office. The design is called, "The Hope is Fading Fast."

No comments: