Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why McCain Lost

Here are three things John McCain should have done but didn't do:
  1. Refusing to bring up Obama's 20 yr. association Jeremiah Wright nearly destroyed his campaign during the primary season was a critical error. McCain had legitimate grounds to call into question Obama's friendship with this hateful man.
  2. Instead of going along with the Paulson bailout plan, McCain should have resisted the proposal on principle. He would have had the support of the Republican House and the American public. 
  3. Let Palin, Be Palin!!! 
The McCain campaign was running neck and neck with the Obama campaign until mid-september. Blindsided by the worst economic collapse since the great depression, John McCain's reaction was erratic and ill-conceived. Although, I think it is ridiculous that Obama earns credit for his reaction to the meltdown because he did absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

Joe Pena said...

i thought you would have liked this post because i was criticizing the McCain staff..
Our nation has always been divided and i think it is in many ways a sign of the enduring greatness of the United States. I will always be resistent of individuals who claim to be "uniters" and the Bible clearly warns people to be cautious. I apply the same principles to the catholic church, the emergent church movement, and one world advocates.

Although I am critical of Obama, I believe that I have criticised him in a responsible manner. I have remained focused on his associations, his stance on national healthcare, Iraq, and his tax agenda. Those are the issues and I will continue to voice my dissent with him if he fulfills that agenda.

I wish President Obama great success. I pray that he chooses a wise and competant cabinet. This year, people wanted change. To be honest, in many ways I am excited to see how he will lead and what major decisions he will make. And since we live in the greatest nation in the world, in four years the people will decided if they will want four more years of Obama.

On the flipside, I am pissed with the GOP. I think that if nothing is done to attract more Latino voters then I see a very dark future. But that is another blog for another day.