Sunday, October 12, 2008

Uptown Underground

Last night, I ventured to the Orange County Performing Arts Center to view an exhibit entitled "Slow Dancing" by David Michalek. Projecting onto the stone facade of Segerstrom Hall, "Slow Dancing" features the movements of many top dancers in super, super, slow motion. Capturing every movement with incredible clarity, the viewer is often left mystified. Living in a NOW generation, it was refreshing to slow down and to appreciate the precision of dance.

The event was organized by KCRW and Jason Bentley. Bentley is the DJ of a show called "Metropolis" and it is one of my favorite programs. His show is primarily electronic and features many rare remixes and original songs from today's top rock and electronic acts. I went with my friend RA and his two boys. Before they left, RA introduced me to Jason and that was very cool. Here are a few pics I snapped using my iphone. 

No comments: