Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fantasy Baseball Team

After my recent ranting about politicians, I felt it was time to take a break and to post something fun on my blog. 

As the days get longer, it signals the begin of spring and the return of baseball. I love baseball. I cannot think of anything better than to watch a game on a saturday afternoon during the summer months. Baseball is the definition of summertime in America.

On Friday, I met with my friends to hold our fantasy league baseball draft. It was great to talk about players, teams, and stats for an entire night. It made me excited for the upcoming season and I cannot wait for opening day. 

Here is my 2008 starting lineup:

P: Jake Peavey, Carlos Zambrano, Chris Young, Ian Snell, Clay Bucholtz
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Howie Kendrick
3B: Mike Lowell
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
C: Jason Veritek
OF: Magglio Ordonez, Raul Ibanez, Jacoby Ellsbury
RP: Joe Borowski, Heath Bell, Bob Howry
DH: Carlos Delgado
Bench: Shane Victorino, JD Drew, Melky Cabera, Gil Meche

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So many Padres in your lineup! I suspect you are a Pads fan, after all!!! Going to Opening Night tonight and couldn't be more stoked. Baseball season is here!!!